[asterisk-biz] How to live in this world without job

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Nov 11 10:04:27 CST 2008

Bill Michaelson wrote:

> Well put.  The other side of the coin, repeatedly demonstrated at every
> economic downturn, is that the security benefits of full-time employment
> relationships can be over-rated.
>
> Of course, you implied this in your "anything else" clause...

Indeed.  But I also think that this fashionable new Economy 2.0 way of
thinking where every individual is his/her own free-agent brand and
whatever skills they have their "marketable service" is highly
overrated, if only because it's downright unrealistic.

It takes more than having skills to make a marketable service or
product.  The formula is much more complex and, critically, requires far
more inputs than just your ability to do some thing or class of thing
well.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems