[asterisk-biz] Key selling points (or) USPs for Asterisk PBX

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Nov 6 09:32:49 CST 2008

It all depends on the customer.  You need to feel them out, but for a small
system with four analog lines, the V3000 is truly a great system.  Plug and
play as far as the phones, the GUI is very nice, the phones are great and
have all the features that Asterisk seems to struggle with as far as
buttons.

It is as close to true plug and play as any system I have dealt with as far
as the customer does not need any custom integration.

The four FXO ports have true hardware DSPs (I believe), never had a single
echo complaint in the dozens of systems I have installed.  That is not
entirely true, I have heard some "echo" complaints but it was because two
people standing side by side were talking over the phones and obviously
there is a little latency over the phones.  I just tell them to go to an
office and close the door and then test, which closes that complaint, so
long as they cannot hear each other in person as well as over the phone.

Buttons on the phones are programmed from the V3000 so there is no need to
mess with the phones.  By default, they are not IP phones, they operate on
layer two (MAC) so in a basic installation, you only need one IP for the
V3000.

Read up on it.  I have and continue to install these systems for about the
same cost as an Asterisk system.  The downside is the upgrade path.  I was a
certifiied 3com Networked Telephony Tech, although it expired for or five
years ago (same with my Cisco certs.....)

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro