[asterisk-biz] Colocation and Bandwidth in HK

Miles Scruggs asterisk at wideideas.com
Wed May 21 16:11:43 CDT 2008

I'm not sure what country you are comparing your bandwidth prices to,
but you can buy high quality transit from Tier 1 providers for $15/Mb.

Also it doesn't make any logical sense at all to think that you use
bytes rather than bits to communicate the total data transfer, it is
simply a difference in units which at the end of the day should
represent the same volume no matter what what you are talking about.
Consumer geared language tends to use bytes more (browsers report
download speed in bytes etc) but usually at the core everyone talks
bits.  ethernet is 10/100/1000/10000 mbits etc.  If you called up a
Verizon/ATT/NTT/Level 3 rep and asked them for a price on 100 mBytes/
sec link they would likely send you over to their consumer DSL
department until you figured out what you wanted.