[asterisk-biz] virtualphoneline.com & DIDX.net

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Wed May 21 14:21:04 CDT 2008

On Wed, 21 May 2008, SIP wrote:

> So wait... by 'real' email client, you mean ELM?
>
> Seriously... what kind of standard is 72-character hard-wrapped lines? I
> haven't seen that since we all wrote on 80-character terminals. Which
> are not what I'd call 'real' email clients.

  Emails that are not somewhat standardized are extremely annoying.  When
  one person replies at 80 chars and another doesn't wrap at all and all the
  characters and quotes are HTMLified, it just gets annoying.  Here we are
  in 2008, and I still prefer pine/alpine because I edit in VIM than I do
  Thunderbird or other HTML GUI.  Personal preference.  And yeah, I wrap
  around 75 characters.  Drives me nuts when people don't on lists like
  this.