[asterisk-biz] DID to Pass CLI

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 03:40:40 CDT 2008

I could be wrong, but I don't think this is possible without
answering the channel first (which will charge them for the call).

But hey.. if you figure it out let me know! we've managed to do
web callback, ANI/CID callback, and DID callback when dedicated to
one user. But "secure" PIN-based callback like you're suggesting
is something I'm not sure is possible.

Typically a PIN-based callback would call back *anyone* who dials
it, and then prompt them to enter their PIN. The good news is this
shouldn't be too hard to implement with your software, the bad news
is that you have to pay for all of these calls regardless if users
authenticate or not - if they don't authenticate then there's no
one to bill and you end up paying for the call yourself.

That's really the only reason we haven't done PIN-based callback
so far. There's nothing preventing someone from causing you a good
bit of financial damage by repeatedly calling the access number
with fake CID in say, Cuba.