[asterisk-biz] ANI

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Tue May 13 06:51:58 CDT 2008

Mike,

Apologies for taking your biz question and changing it to a biz/users
discussion.  It was not my intention but as you can see, it is has
catalized from your initial post, it is not just me that has continued
this topic and brought up other valid points, my posts amount to less
than other posters.

I am not sure what the longest thread is on the Asterisk lists, but
this has got to almost be a record, hence discussion and opinion is
good.

Although there are some laws to address spoofing ANI, it can be done
with no trace as things are now.  Many very serious things could be
done to ruin people's life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness with no
way to clear their name.  I don't think you have the imagination of
what could be done and be totally untraceable.

Anyways, you have sole control of what you pay attention to so don't
pay attention so simply ignore the thread, it is pretty simple, just
as you would spam..

BTW, I do not use the word "CANT", you are dooming yourself to
distraction and failure.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro