[asterisk-biz] ANI

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue May 13 00:25:49 CDT 2008

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 08:26:35PM -0400, Alex Balashov wrote:
>> There is a whole host of data dumped into internal CDRs accessible via
>> switch craft interfaces and softswitch / big-iron EMSs that admits of
>> internal PRI trunks and cross-connects, TCICs from private and ILEC
>> tandem interconnection SS7 IMTs, and various other such things.
>
> I knew someone would eventually show up who was 100% buzzword
> compliant.  :-)

Yes, I took time out from my busy day of delivering transformative
matrix value convergence through five-9s, N+1 24/7 methodologies and
chaining synergistic B2B and B2C channel partner sales, monetising VAR
click-through portal infomediaries, and leveraging turn-key, whiteboard
deliverables to bring you this dose of enterprise-strength insight.

*swivels in executive chair ominously, looking smuggy smug smug*

> So, Alex, *does* the ISUP element dictionary separate BTN, ANI, and
> CLID?

As far as I know, the ANI is the BTN, but I could be very wrong.  I will
not be duped into an appointment as the ISUP expert.  :-)  I have worked
for and with several CLECs at various times and have some experience in
the esoterica of TDM land, but I still don't sit around reading

http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-Q.767-199102-I/en

all day.  :-)

--
Alex Balashov