[asterisk-biz] ANI

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 18:05:32 CDT 2008

Yes, we know there are security problems.

As a VoIP carrier - I do *not* let my customers set their own CID exactly for those reasons. However, I absolutely have to be able to set CID *myself* if I want to have any chance of surviving as a carrier.

Now, how do you suggest we fix it without wiping out most small VoIP carriers out there? simply saying "we gotta ban it" is not going to magically fix things. It's just going to create more problems.