[asterisk-biz] ANI

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat May 10 13:09:11 CDT 2008

Again, you are confusing ANI with Caller ID.  It is not callerid/ANI
it is caller ID and ANI, they are not the same!

Here is a nice little article that sums up the differences and how to
use spoofed ANI to call premium 900 numbers and bill it to someone
else.  It also mentions 911.  I am going to try both.  If in fact, if
911 has the spoofed location and there are no 900 bills on my PRI,
then there MUST be legislation and regulation.

I will report back with results.

I don't want to hear "It is not possible", anything is possible,
especially if made public via Fox News, CNN and other popular news
outlets.

http://www.totse.com/en/phreak/introduction_to_telecommunications/cid_ani.html

Thanks,
Steve Totaro