[asterisk-biz] VoIP 9-1-1 failure - don't let it happen to you

Andrew Kohlsmith (lists) aklists at mixdown.ca
Mon May 5 12:50:40 CDT 2008

On May 5, 2008 01:42:03 pm Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> I havent been following this that closely but what I did read he said
> that he says something along the lines of
>
> "I am the telephone guy I wanted to make sure that the address
> information is infact correct"
>
> He didnt use quotes or be quite that specific, but generally yeah.

Pretty much what I was told to do.  Call 911, state clearly that this is NOT
an emergency, and ask them if they have a moment to verify the address
information for this phone number.

Where I live the police seem to be required to make a stop at the place to
make sure the caller is not being coerced, but other than that the operators
have always been very helpful.

-A.