[asterisk-biz] FW: Asterisk 3rd party developed commercial software sales licensing platform

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon May 5 10:38:16 CDT 2008

Steve Totaro wrote:

> Glad to hear it is a good money maker for Digium.  I had no idea it
> was that cheap.  Nice profit margin!

It's not quite as low as Trixter says, at least not for us. First of
all, we are selling licenses for G.729AB, even though Asterisk does not
yet fully support, because it makes sense to do so when that day comes
:-) G.729AB is slightly more expensive than G.729A.

Then, as you already surmised, there is the cost of actually providing
the licenses, including support when people can't figure out how to use
them, etc.

As I said, Digium does not lose money selling G.729 licenses.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies