[asterisk-biz] VoIP 9-1-1 failure - don't let it happen to you

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri May 2 16:24:32 CDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 13:01 -0400, Peter Beckman wrote:
>   I really don't see what the problem is.  It is horrible tragedy that
>   someone lost their life possibly due to their VoIP 911 service not routing
>   correctly.  How is it so horrible that this tragedy is a good reminder to
>   us all that we need to know who are vendors are, what their systems are
>   capable of, and that we should remember to do something about it?

In the US politicians used the death of a real person (multiple people
actually) to further their careers and do the 911 legislation.  No one
seemed to complain that the government was using peoples death to
further the reach and power of the FCC, grow peoples careers, and so
forth.

They didnt even offer a solution to it, they just passed laws requiring
a solution.
Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200