[asterisk-biz] VoIP 9-1-1 failure - don't let it happen to you

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Thu May 1 23:29:50 CDT 2008

Miles Scruggs wrote:
> I maybe going out on a limb here, but looking over your services it
> looks like you are proving that single quoted point.  I'm all about
> telling the mom and pop shops to make sure they have their e911
> routing setup right, but if you don't, go out and get it from a
> company that is established not dragging off a extended shirt tail of
> Milwest Holdings out flogging the death of some kid to drum up business.
>
> Sorry for speaking what everyone else has to be thinking.

I never said that I represent a large company, and in fact I openly
admit that Digital Conceptions is a small business. As taken directly
from the web page I originally linked to:

> Your subscribers expect you to provide true 9-1-1 service. You're a
> small company and can't afford the hundreds to thousands of dollars
> charged by the major players in VoIP 9-1-1. That's how it was for us,
> too, until recently...
>
> We're proud to be able to provide *real* 9-1-1 service with a *real*
> 9-1-1 service provider for the small guy. We are able to do this
> because we went ahead and contacted one of the big guys and explained
> our situation. As a result, we're proud to be able to offer the VoIP
> 911 service your small business needs.

The whole idea is that several smaller companies with few end users work
together each covering a fraction of the cost it would be if we all had
our own accounts with a call centre. I certainly do not handle any 9-1-1
calls myself as I do not have the resources to do so.

Best regards,
Trevor Peirce