[asterisk-biz] Test

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Mar 6 16:53:56 CST 2008

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 05:43:52PM -0500, Matthew Rubenstein wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 17:12 -0500, Jared Smith wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 12:23 -0500, Matthew Rubenstein wrote:
> > > 	I have had lots of problems sending messages to this list, including
> > > requests for offers of products I'm trying to buy. I have talked
> > > directly with Jared Smith, Digium's list operator. I still have the same
> > > problems. Nothing has changed. This list has some serious basic defects
> > > as a platform to do business with.
> >
> > The problem is our spam filter that fronts the list.  I've been working
> > to tune it over the past several months, but it still rejects a certain
> > portion of legitimate posts, despite my best efforts.
> >
> > I'll go in and try to tweak it a little more, but I can't guarantee
> > anything at this point.
>
> 	Thanks for continuing to try to fix it.

If there are specific problems with specific people, could you not
whitelist them in your frontend, Jared?  It shouldn't be that hard to
confirm that a message saying it's coming from Matt, actually is.

Worst case, you could require that people posting things that look too
much like spam sign them, and give you their public keys and whitelist
that way...

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.