[asterisk-biz] Call Recording System information request

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Jun 30 19:15:10 CDT 2008

Steve Totaro wrote:

> OrecX will have no value with a Definity G3.  What you want to do is
> front end your Definity system with Asterisk.

It does if you bounce the calls in and out of SIP channels.

> With your call volume, Asterisk's native monitor application will more
> than suffice on any modern server.  The I/O threshold is ~60-70
> simultaneous calls before audio starts breaking up.

I agree;  this is probably a more practical route for this call volume.
  I'm just used to Monitor() being considered inadequate for any sort of
nontrivial load, but last time I touched it, Asterisk was neither this
mature (pre-1.2) nor hardware this good.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems