[asterisk-biz] Opinions requested: message blasting

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Tue Jun 24 19:32:44 CDT 2008

Greetings list,

I've seen a lot of posts over the last couple of years on both -users and -biz with people requesting help with "message blasting" setups - that is to say, asterisk dials a number, waits for an answer, then plays a pre-recorded message.

Everyone I've ever spoken to about this here in the UK finds it thoroughly offensive. If they answer the phone, they expect to find a human being at the other end. Systems like this seem to draw far more ire from people than even multi-level IVR systems (which aren't exactly popular either).

I'm curious as to list members' views on the topic. Do your clients find message blasting a valuable business tool? Do they get much negative feedback from recipients?

I'm also curious as to whether there's a demographic split in recipients' attitudes - so if you do reply, please post what country you're commenting on.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it