[asterisk-biz] Problem with Asterisk and Polycom forwards - 50$ paypal reward offered

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Thu Jun 19 10:02:08 CDT 2008

I am posting this on the biz mailing list because there is money involved.
I'm not sure if this is ok or not, apologies if this isn`t.

This is an offer in two ways:

1) I need a regular Asterisk go-to guy for technical things like this.  I
can take care of simple stuff, it`s complicated matters that take way too
much of my time when I could simply learn from an expert.  So the person
answering this might be in it for a few billable hours in the futur.

2) Here is my specific problem: I have am using SIP realtime, and I have two
variables set in the setvar column. (i.e.: vara=1234;varb=6754)

When I am dialing out using this specific SIP registration, I can do a
Noop(varb) and get "6754" in my console, as expected.  The problem arises
when I am using a Polycom with a Forward configured (let`s say to an
external line, 555-555-1234).

The Noop line will show an empty variable, even though it is dialing out for
the Forward from the same context that a normal outgoing line is going to.

I need my varb to contain something on Forwards, as it does on normal
outgoing calls. I tried putting two underscores in my
table(vara=1234;__varb=6754), that doesn't work either.

Who`s up for the challenge?  Possibly easy money for somebody who knows the
ins and outs of Asterisk.

Mick