[asterisk-biz] Open letter to digium, asterisk developers and consultants

Jim Houser jhouser at trustamerifirst.com
Wed Jun 18 08:51:38 CDT 2008

Steve,

  Can you briefly describe where you are unhappy with Digium's behavior, for my own ignorance.  I use Asterisk in a number of applications, large and small.  I have focused mainly on the older, (1.2.X), open source distribution but overall I am thrilled with the flexibility and choices, (hardware, software, appliance), available to me to solve business solutions for profit and non-profit organizations.

  I see Digium investing into other ways to market their product and I think that is healthy business behavior that should not affect what I do.

  I am asking becuase I'm wondering if there is something you know I do not and am I heading for a WHAMMY somewhere in the future continuing down the path I am with a stupid smile on my face.

Thanks,
Jim