[asterisk-biz] PBX Functionality for Less than the Price of a KeySystem (3Com Asterisk IP Telephony Appliance)

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jun 5 14:56:50 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 03:00:49PM -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
> ZOMG!!!!!!!! Sounds like a script kiddie.  Profanity made you look
> unprofessional, and telling lies on the list is the last straw.  I
> certainly would not do business with you.

You can't point, Steve, to anything I've said that is a "lie", and I
take personal offense at your characterization of differences of
perception and context thereas.

> What does this mean, "Not any of the 57 varieties everyone seems to
> want to rewrite it into." is it reference to Hienz, either way it
> makes no sense

I was talking about what *I was talking about*.  It was inspired by
specific other things people were talking about, but it was not a
direct response to any of them: I did *not* say "3com prices that
specific piece of hardware the way they do because of these specific
costs they have".  Everyone is merely using that as a strawman argument
to call me a liar, and frankly, I'm sick of it.

I concur with whomever said that -biz was a wasteland; I'm
unsubscribing completely now; you guys have fun.

> Get with the paradigm shift, or go down like the recording industry.
> If they came up with Napster before everyone knew it was free, they
> still would be in the money.....
>
> Anyways, all your points are moot.  Period.

I encourage my competitors to behave as if that's true, as Randy Bush
says on NANOG.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.