[asterisk-biz] PBX Functionality for Less than the Price of a KeySystem (3Com Asterisk IP Telephony Appliance)

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Jun 4 11:05:51 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 10:31 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 07:58:44AM -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
> > I will give Jay the benefit of the doubt, but he is usually very quick
> > to reply these kinds of messages.  Maybe he is on vacation or
> > otherwise not interested or checking his email right now.
> >
> > Or possibly he does not care to eat crow.
>
> I like mine fried, but I don't have to eat it too often, and this is
> certainly not one of those times.

Well at least you informed us that the reason telephony equipment is so
expensive is because of support issues.  Now I know nortel charges an
arm and a leg just so they can provide support to its customers, and not
because of a "because we can" attitude.  Thanks for clearing that up I
was so misguided to think that selling service and support contracts
extra like some of them do that the equipment price was justified with
things like "R&D" and some such when the reality is "greed".

I thought it was more like gasoline, charge as much as you possibly can
before it impacts sales, then only lower your price if you have to and
as a last resort.

> My grilf had surgery last Thursday, and I've been playing Mr Mom all
> week.

at least you still have time for this list and putting people down.
Without that we would all be lost.
Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200