[asterisk-biz] New faxing protocol. Good/Bad ?

Rehan Allah Wala rehan at supertec.com
Mon Jun 2 14:08:09 CDT 2008

Dear Dovid,

This is a great Idea, I do not know if there is a seperate protocol for this yet, however I do
know that many use what is called store and forward faxing techniques, and to me yours
sound like the same.

However I think your idea has potential.

I hope u find or do build something and will share with us :)

Rehan

> Hi List,
> I was thinking the other day that even with T.38 there are still some issues with faxing. I was
> thinking of a protocol that instead of just sending down the fax tones an ATA or "VOIP fax
> machine" would get the entire fax convert it into some sort of image and pass it down the line to
> the receiving end. I got the idea from RFC2833. Yes I know that fax machines send bit by bit and
> get a conformation on it but maybe this would work a bit better. Send the entire "image" over and
> then get a response when it is done. This way if there is issues along the way the packets can be
> re-sent with out any issue.
>
> Dovid
> (Cross posted to Biz for those that aren't on the users list - I want their onion too ;) ).

Rehan Ahmed AllahWala
Msn/Yahoo/GoogleTalk/Email: Rehan at Rehan.com
http://www.supertec.com/ - Internet Telephony Solutions
Http://www.DIDX.net - DID Number Market Place.
Don't Remember Me ? Visit http://www.Rehan.com

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
By Gandhi.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Gandhi