[asterisk-biz] Wireless lookup service

Jacob Suter jsuter at intrastar.net
Thu Jul 31 21:48:26 CDT 2008

Not entirely...

My 936-546-6479 number was not portable.  That's a Verizon Wireless number
out of a Windstream/Valor/GTE/Contel exchange.  AT&T couldn't/wouldn't port
it (who sells numbers out of the same 936-546 exchange) and Sprint said they
couldn't touch it.  Now I'm a happy Sprint customer in a portable
cellular-only block.

My 936-687-xxxx Windstream/Valor/GTE/Contel number is not portable by
anybody.  If anyone can actually port this, let me know, I'd much rather
send you money (and you send me the calls via SIP or IAX) than paying too
much for a POTS line I do nothing with except program call forwarding (to a
local SIP DID) on once a year or so...

Of course, this is also one of those pathetic places in Texas where there's
no electric competition.  It's always nice to pay double everyone else's
rate per KW/h.

JS