[asterisk-biz] Wireless lookup service

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jul 31 09:01:06 CDT 2008

Al Lougher wrote:
> You are correct, I missed that. For some reason I thought portability
> only applied to wireless numbers, I didn't realize you could port from
> land line to wireless. Can that happen with all major US carriers or say
> just AT&T?

It is carrier neutral; as far as I am aware, any wireline number from
any carrier can be ported to wireless, but not all wireless numbers can
be ported to wireline (obviously the system could handle it, but
wireless carriers are not yet required to allow it).

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies