[asterisk-biz] Any Cellular Phone Related Businesses in CanadaInterested in Call Transfers?

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Wed Jul 30 18:53:15 CDT 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Steve Totaro wrote:

> The mobile carrier has published my very similar number by mistake in
> their contact information somewhere.  There would be no deception.
> Just offerings that may match the demographic.  People that for
> whatever reason are delinquent on their bills.
>
> I am not sure what you don't get.  Offering alternate services that
> match the demographic while making it clear that they have not reached
> the company they intended.

  It's similar to ebau.com and ebat.com.  They are typo domains being
  redirected to sites that offer the same sort of things that eBay does,
  except they get paid if people click on their could-be-useful links.

  This is a typo phone number.  Maybe Steve offered it to the carrier, or
  tried to but it was too difficult to get to the right person.  Steve has
  no obligation to do anything here, and he's choosing to try to sell it to
  someone who will find the value in the calls he finds annoying.

> The correct number would be given at the end of the IVR, sales pitch,
> or transfer.

  Or not.  Nobody is obligated to do so.  But, I agree with Steve, it would
  be a nice thing to do.

Beckman