[asterisk-biz] [Fwd: 6030 IPPHONE some introduction]

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Tue Jul 29 09:28:00 CDT 2008

I get them too but not often, one every couple of days so I don't much
care.  At least not compared to the 1000+ total junk spams a day that
get filtered out.

The unfortunate thing about being on these lists is that they are ripe
to be harvested.  What better source for harvesting emails for
spamming VoIP related products?

And you know what,  some people are probably interested and make
inquiries or purchases, so it won't stop.  Not sure what posting it to
the list accomplishes.

I suggest you mark them as spam, maybe use a throw away address for
mailing lists, you know the norm for avoiding spam like this.

I am not condoning it, I hate spam but it is a reality and I am not
sure what you can do about cross boarder spam from countries that can
be compared to the wild west as far as regulations.  Sure, they have
censored internet access but profit is the bottom line so why take
action against spammers?

Thanks,
Steve T