[asterisk-biz] Required an Auto Dialing Solution

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Jul 21 00:05:36 CDT 2008

Kashif Naeem wrote:

> 1) Calls connected and attended by IVR or Human voice.
> 2) Calls not connected. (Its shows that carrier route is not working)
> 3) Calls ringed but not attended.
> 3) Calls connected during ringing (Its shows false billing of Carrier)

There are some technical and logistical complications to what you are
asking that are, at the very least, going to make this a lot more
expensive than its intended application appears to suggest.  I would
strongly recommend that you consider paring down the requirements.

#1: Do you mean human voice detection here?

If so, it's hard to do.  Sure, it's done, via Asterisk's AMD and other,
more sophisticated call progress detection technology out there (i.e.
Paraxip).  But it is not possible to get right anywhere close to 100% of
the time, so if you're looking to test routes with it, it may not have
the degree of accuracy you want.

More problematically, this is going to be by far the costliest and most
complicated part of the project.

#2: Define "not connected."

#3: Calls rung but not attended can happen in many ways, and it is
impossible for Asterisk to distinguish among them.  There is in-band
ring back via early media (in 183 Session in Progress message with SDP),
and there is the out-of-band way - provisional 18x Ringing messages.

Which do you want to detect?

#4: What does "calls connected during ringing" mean?

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems