[asterisk-biz] Wireless SIP phones?

Rehan Allah Wala rehan at supertec.com
Tue Jul 15 13:14:29 CDT 2008

I would recommend to use Nokia e series rather then any linksys or dlink

they are just better and are 2 in one

> Hi,
>
> We had been using the Hitachi Wireless IP5000 SIP phones here for a
> couple of years.  Apparently these phones are end-of-lifed now.  We
> had evaluated Linksys, DLink, and UTStarComm wireless SIP phones in
> the past, and were generally unsatisfied with them, due to problems
> with roaming onto other access points or concerns about the ruggedness
> of them.  (We are a manufacturing company.)
>
> I've also tried contacting various vendors such as Polycom, and it
> seems that a lot of them require separate gateway boxes -- the
> handsets aren't speaking SIP directly, or require some other server to
> make it work.  That strikes me as overkill.
>
> Any suggestions?

Rehan Ahmed AllahWala
Msn/Yahoo/GoogleTalk/Email: Rehan at Rehan.com
http://www.supertec.com/ - Internet Telephony Solutions
Http://www.DIDX.net - DID Number Market Place.
Don't Remember Me ? Visit http://www.Rehan.com

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
By Gandhi.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Gandhi