[asterisk-biz] Senate Approves Immunity for Telecom Companies in Wiretapping

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Jul 10 05:12:24 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 23:45 -0600, bill dwyer wrote:
> I say if they can wiretap us, then they should give us an itemized
> bill for every penny they spend of my money. I have to do it for
> them....
> meh

If you want to bring that up as well, how can you fill out and sign
(required) a tax return without waiving your 5th amendment rights?
There was a court case and the judge said the case cant be cited since
it would destroy the income tax system, I do not have a cite, and there
appears to be a ton of crazy people latching onto a similar concept
making google harder than I care for it to be right now.

There is also a 4th amendment argument since you are compelled to
disclose your financial papers without warrant, although that one is
weaker due to the 16th amendment, nothing in the 16th states that it
allows for a removal of the 4th.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200