[asterisk-biz] NPA-NXX to City, State Database

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 20:28:26 CST 2008

So what you're saying is - if you owned a pizzeria in Port Richmond,
but someone called you from a cellphone indicating NYC (or out of state
for that matter), you wouldn't deliver? (of course you would, you'd
just be more cautious about it the first time they call)

While I understand your logic, as an end user I don't really care if my
phone number is of use to a local pizzeria or not. While living in
Queens I've made countless local orders with a cellphone based in Texas
and VoIP numbers based in Manhattan. Sure, businesses you call raise an
eyebrow, but none of them make a big deal out of it. (either way, in
the coming years they'll have to get used to all sorts of phone numbers
anyway as VoIP gets more popular...)