[asterisk-biz] Fonality Teams with Dell

Rehan Allah Wala rehan at supertec.com
Thu Jan 24 00:15:47 CST 2008

Wow, Great news for them and Industry :)

From:           	Matthew Rubenstein <email at mattruby.com>
To:             	Asterisk -Biz <asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com>
Date sent:      	Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:53:52 -0500
Subject:        	Re: [asterisk-biz] Fonality Teams with Dell
Send reply to:  	email at mattruby.com,
	Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
	<asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com>
	<asterisk-biz.lists.digium.com>
	<mailto:asterisk-biz-request at lists.digium.com?subject=unsubscribe>
	<mailto:asterisk-biz-request at lists.digium.com?subject=subscribe>

> On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 13:34 -0500, Gregory Boehnlein wrote:
> > > http://vonmag.com/editorial/web-exclusives/fonality-teams-with-dell
> > >
> > > I still think Digium teaming with 3Com and buying SwitchVox is a
> > > little stronger as far as PBX sales channels.
> >
> > I think this is going to be an interesting sales battle to watch. Dell's
> > channel arrangements are significantly more widespread than 3Coms. While
> > 3Com may have some edge in the PBX market, the average consumer looking for
> > an IP PBX is going to be inundated w/ Dell marketing material at a much more
> > widespread and more consistent basis, plus this opens up Fonality's product
> > to an entirely new, HUGE channel of IT integrators that are looking to get
> > into the PBX market.
> >
> > I'm actually quite surprised that Digium did not get to Dell first.
>
> 	I wonder what the Dell and 3Com marketing campaigns will do to improve
> the ability of independent Asterisk vendors to sell into the market they
> educate. Just being able to point to Dell and 3Com validating the
> platform could help close some sales. And offering to mitigate risks by
> saying "at worst, you can just switch to a Dell or 3Com product without
> throwing out all the independent Asterisk work we've done for you" could
> help close some deals.
>
> 	Of course, these two big wealthy competitors can be hard to compete
> with, but in the early stages of forming a market and educating it, all
> the competitors cooperate to grow the market and make it easier to
> reach.
> --
>
> (C) Matthew Rubenstein

Rehan Ahmed AllahWala
Msn/Yahoo/GoogleTalk/Email: Rehan at Rehan.com

http://www.supertec.com/ - Internet Telephony Solutions
Http://www.DIDX.net - DID Number Market Place.
Don't Remember Me ? Visit http://www.Rehan.com