[asterisk-biz] A name other than Asterisk.

asterisk_help at iwishi.nu asterisk_help at iwishi.nu
Wed Jan 23 18:26:34 CST 2008

> I know it's a subtle point, and I am not a lawyer nor do I wish to start
> a flamewar, but the trademark policy does not mean they cannot claim it
> to be 'based on Asterisk', they just cannot call it 'Asterisk' without
> acknowledging that it is in fact a different product from what Digium
> distributes and calls 'Asterisk'. In fact Digium would encourage them to
> proudly claim that it is based on Asterisk!

I think I may just start calling it Asteroids(TM). "An open source
telephony platform based on Asterisk(TM)". It's that or Asstricks.

Asterisk -
A star-shaped character * used in printing.
An open source/free software implementation of a telephone
private branch exchange (PBX) originally created by Mark Spencer of
Digium.

Asteroids -
Enormous rocks or boulders that revolve around the sun, usually between
the orbits of Mars and Jupiter.

Roids -
Hemorrhoids (AmE), haemorrhoids (BrE), emerods, or piles) are varicosities
or swelling and inflammation of veins in the rectum and anus.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roids

Asstricks -
See Asterisk and Roids....
A software implemetation of Asterisk that has been modified or swollen by
a party or asshole other than Digium.

Anyone want to help with designing a logo for Asteroids(TM)?  I'll need
you to sign a release in case I want to enforce a trademark aggressively
on this word and the contributed logo sometime in the future.