[asterisk-biz] Full Call recording solutions ?

Zoa zoachien at securax.org
Tue Jan 22 15:11:01 CST 2008

As Steve says, it is possible, but for high volumes its not easy.
There are several options:

1) you sniff it on the network and dump it on a separate box. (basically
move the problem to another machine or machines where it will not affect
call quality)
2) you optimize your asterisk config to do so. (network share, ram disks)
3) record the audio closer to or on the endpoints

In both cases you will lose a lot of time setting it up, hiring somebody
who did it (like Steve) will probably save you a lot of precious time
and expensive risks.
If you want to try high volume recording, do not play with it on a live
machine.

Zoa