[asterisk-biz] Interop/Roaming Among DECT Equipment? (was: Re: Rugged Wifi SIP phones)

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Mon Jan 21 02:13:23 CST 2008

	How well does the DECT standard support phones from different
manufacturers getting added to other manufacturers' base stations? Can
multiple manufacturerers' base stations be used in a single large home
with a single phone# all on a single POTS circuit, with handsets from
multiple manufacturers all used at once, all roaming freely in the
single DECT network?

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 09:04 +0100, Olivier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you have these Endura phones roam between Kirk base stations ?
> And what about handover ?
> Those 2 roaming and handover features are said to belong to DECT-GAP
> compliance (I couldn't check myself for that) but theory is one
> thing ...
>
> Regards
>

> Message: 8
> Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:46:10 +0200
> From: Zoa <zoachien at securax.org>
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-biz] Rugged Wifi SIP phones
> To: Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
>        <asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com>
>

> I'd also go for dect myself.
>
> Have look at these for the base stations : http://www.kirktelecom.com/
> and for the phones, google, there seem to be many e.g.:
> http://www.lusonic.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Endura
>
> This will get you
> - a cheaper solution
> - better batery life