[asterisk-biz] Digium enforcing its trademarks

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Thu Jan 17 17:07:32 CST 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 06:33 -0800, Flavio Goncalves wrote:
> I have received today a notice of disaproval of my ad in Google
> Adwords, because it was using the word Asterisk (A Digium´s
> trademark).

Digium trademarked terms, Digium has recently expanded our efforts to
control the use of Digium’s trademarks.  One the measures taken has been
to work within Google’s defined programs to control the purchase of
Digium trademarked terms as Google Adwords.  In doing so we proactively
provided Google with a list of companies that have signed agreements
with Digium permitting the use of Digium trademarks.  Organizations on
that list will continued to be allowed by Google to purchase Digium
trademarked terms as Google Adwords.

However, if your organization has been recently been contacted by Google
and required to stop using the Digium marks, you may contact Digium
directly to request that your company be added to the list of authorized
organizations.

For those organizations that are resellers and partners, that are not
formally Digium authorized,  why not sign up and become a reseller or
technology partner?  To do so please visit
http://www.digium.com/en/ecosystem/ and click through to your selected
type of partnership.

If the formal Digium programs don’t fit your situation,  you may send a
request to the trademarks at digium.com address with some history of your
past use and the specifics of your request for the future. If you are
unsure of the Digium trademark policy, please visit
http://www.digium.com/en/company/view-policy/5.

We will attempt to turn around all requests within 24-48 business
hours.

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager