[asterisk-biz] IAX Channels limit on Asterisk 1.4.17

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Jan 16 23:57:31 CST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 15:47 +1300, Matt Riddell wrote:

> You can't really block a DDoS attack - if you have 10Mbit of bandwidth
> it takes 10Mbit of traffic to DDos you.  If you have 100Mbit then it
> will take 100Mbit.  The only way to avoid it is to get someone upstream
> with more bandwidth to block it.

no but iax makes it harder to do mitigation techniques.  This is becasue
media and signalling are on the same port.  Why I was asking about that
specifically.

You cant rate limit packets very well since 10 calls from a given
endpoint will look the same on an IP level as 1 call, just a larger
volume, so if you do rate limit the audio quality, and potentially
signalling information will be impaired.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200