[asterisk-biz] IAX Channels limit on Asterisk 1.4.17

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 03:56:41 CST 2008

--- Trixter aka Bret McDanel <trixter at 0xdecafbad.com> wrote:

> By using 1 port like this, iax gets a bottleneck situation where it
will
> have all Rx packets go into a single thread, regardless of the number
> of CPUs/cores you may have in your system.  So this is 1 of that, the
> scheduler is the rest.

So if I'm getting this correctly- if you really wanted to take
advantage of multi-cores/CPUs, you'd have to go the
multiple-asterisk-instances-on-same-box route anyway?

A bit off-subject.. but what types of load-balancing solutions are
people here using? If one wanted to go multi-on-same-box the proper
solution would be to load balance.. but using what?

  -- Nitzan Kon, CEO
     Future Nine Corporation