[asterisk-biz] Digium enforcing its trademarks

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 14:48:02 CST 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 3:33 PM, Flavio Goncalves <flavio at asteriskguide.com> wrote:

> I have received today a notice of disaproval of my ad in Google Adwords,
> because it was using the word Asterisk (A Digium´s trademark). Interesting,

I don't think this came from anything done by Digium. I recently
tested a product called Bucketexplorer for Amazon S3 services
(excellent, by the way) and noticed their ad had Amazon misspelled. I
asked about it and was told that Google Ads did not allow the word
Amazon in an ad! Sounds like a similar case, legitimate use maybe
robotically (and wrongly) detected as trademark abuse.