[asterisk-biz] Bunch of asterisk-related domains for sale

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Mon Jan 7 06:16:28 CST 2008

Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 01:17 -0500, Matthew Rubenstein wrote:
>> 	Thanks for the clues.
>>
>> 	What I mainly don't like, more even than I do you now, is people
>> polluting the -biz list with indications that it's OK to infringe
>> tradmarks.
>>

> To a point though an attitude of its ok does go to show how easy it
> would be for a small group to cause damage to intellectual property
> (regardless of which side you are on).  You can either dilute the name
> to the point that its generic or bankrupt a smaller company trying to
> defend it, either way they lose.  The cost?  Not that much actually.

That is a really good point.  I filed suite (pro se) against a utility company
and pursued it all the way up to State Supreme Court over a 3 year period with
many motion hearings in between small claims, district, appeals and finally
supreme court.  I lost of course, but while it was not my intention or
motivation for litigation, I know for a fact it cost them quite a bit to defend
against the suit, even though the suit never really saw itself in a court room.

Cost me about $500.00 total between filing fees, serving involved parties, etc.
  I understand it cost them upwards of $200K to defend.  There is some
satisfaction in knowing that they will probably think twice before doing again
what precipitated the suit in the first place.

In case anyone is wondering, no law firm within the State was willing to take
the case, thus the reason I went pro per.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"If I don't see you around here, I'll see you around, hear?"