[asterisk-biz] Bunch of asterisk-related domains for sale

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Jan 6 21:43:20 CST 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 21:24 -0500, Matthew Rubenstein wrote:
> 	You're pitching domains that are "asterisk related", which, as nothing
> but names, means they have the word "asterisk" in them. You're pitching
> them to people on the "asterisk-biz" list, "Commercial and
> Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion". Your offerings clearly infringe
> the Digium trademark on "Asterisk" used to identify Digium's "Asterisk"
> product.

Asterisk related could also mean that they are related to what the
product does, or it could be in a way that if you know asterisk you
would understand the relationship even if it doesnt infringe.  I believe
in one email he clarified 'related' to say that they dont have
trademarked property in them.

One could for example be dcapconsultants.com or something, which would
be 'related' but difficult to say that it infringes.
Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200