[asterisk-biz] 2008 Predictions

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Jan 3 14:04:48 CST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 14:36 -0500, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 01:08:41PM -0500, Matthew Rubenstein wrote:
> > Digium's *trademark* on the "Asterisk" brand name, and its existing
>
> And so, because I *like* rousing rabble (:-), why isn't Digium suing
> Bright House Cable (who are in the telephone business these days) for
> their Asterisk Hunter campaign?

Having a trademark shared with at least 13 others for the same word
(asterisk) could be one reason, the other is that there was a license
agreement between the two, then there is maybe they dont know, there
could be an issue of 'its in process', it also could be that their legal
department urged them to not persue it, the list is endless.

13 trademarks (that I know of) in the USPTO (some are telecom related)
make it hard to go after people for using that word though.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200