[asterisk-biz] 2008 Predictions

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Wed Jan 2 22:19:43 CST 2008

- Sun will buy Digium and Asterisk will undergo a total rewrite in java.

- In response, Microsoft will try to convince the world that IP is
obsolete and insecure. They will tout MP (Microsoft Protocol) as the
logical replacement for IP. Potential VOIP consumers will wait for VOMP
devices to become available.

- the stock exchanges will shut down on July 1 because they fail to
upgrade several computers that have the Y2K+8.5 bug.