[asterisk-biz] VoIP Provider Matrix of rates/services

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 04:18:43 CST 2008

In your country, the current norm is probably around 200 ms. But since
that is the case, I imagine ISPs are more dedicated to eliminating lost
packets, etc. so the service does not suffer except for (very) slight
delays. Last time I spoke to my father (same country) via VoIP, he
couldn't notice a delay at all on his side. I noticed it, but it wasn't
significant.

In the US though- service from a 200 ms provider, or a 40 ms provider,
makes a HUGE difference in voice quality, in my experience.

  -- Nitzan

--- Moshe Maeir <m345 at netvision.net.il> wrote:

---------------------------------
  Dave,
I can comment on 100ms delay remark, that it is not always true. Wehave
call center customers who have 180 - 220ms  and are happy.
There are other factors besides latency which can effect quality, so
Ido not  completely agree with your comment

Moshe

dave cantera wrote:  moshe, nitzan,
I already compiled a list from website info... not totally
completethough.  all public info w/o calls to providers...

really, I wanted the providers to update the matrix themselves over
theweb so they could control the information.. the biggest reason I
don'tthink they should have a problem with it is they all don't cover
theentire world or the US either.  some servers have too much delay,
over100ms, so any customers they have outside their 'local network
area'would get poor service and they shouldn't want to waste their time
ifthey can't provide the service to those customers...  knowing that
infotidbit saves face and bad will...  helps the community too!

any additional thoughts?
daveC

Moshe Maeir wrote:
The best would be in the spirit of web 2.0  - a list of providers,
which would have data, that partially be filled in by the
companies(like voip-info has), but also have an active user rating
system.Nitzan Kon wrote:

It is a good idea, and I would love to have a list of
wholesaleproviders readily available so I can pick and choose the ones
I likemost according to price & support criteria.The problems with this
are, well, half the providers I've contacted inthe past request that
you sign a non-disclosure agreement, and theother half act like their
rates a big secret, and only disclose themupon request. I think this
has a lot to do with providers being worriedabout competition, but in
the end if you provide overpriced servicewith bad quality/support
customers WILL find someone better whether youpublish your rates or
not.You could always start a matrix by yourself... the only problem
withthis is that you won't be able to publish providers who require
anon-disclosure agreement. But then again- 9 times out of 10 those
arebad quality and overpriced. I would avoid those anyway despite
any(false) promises they might make.  -- Nitzan--- dave cantera
<david.cantera at iacnet.net> wrote:---------------------------------
hi,I see frequent questions on the list for voip providers.  would
itbehelpful to have a voip provider matrix of services?  would the voip
providers on the list support
Colocation Provided by http://www.api-digital.com--asterisk-biz mailing
listTo UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: