[asterisk-biz] Paranoia, Dell & 3C

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Wed Feb 6 16:12:51 CST 2008

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008, Steve Totaro wrote:
> I was a Dell reseller but often found offers MUCH cheaper to buy as
> directly as an end user from their site.  It became really annoying to
> contact my rep, get a quote, give it the client. and then get a call
> back from the client that they priced it out online for significantly
> less.

<..>

> Tell me what this ridiculous price is for the model and specs you are
> quoting above.  Let's see how much I can configure it for online or from
> the Dell Outlet.

Speaking as an end-user (no reseller agreement), I've almost always been
able to get a better price from a sales rep than from the web site, insane
coupons and all. The exceptions have been when coupons aren't supposed to
be stackable but are, etc. Of course - the price the rep offers will be
much higher, until you send the quote from the web site saying "I can buy
from the site for this"..