[asterisk-biz] Asterisk Business Edition

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Mon Feb 4 18:43:39 CST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 11:00 +0700, Dome Charoenyost wrote:
> I found "Asterisk Business Edition supports up to 40 simultaneous
> calls with upgrades to 240 calls available." in digium web site.
> What's mean ? Asterisk Business Edition not include source code ?

No, Asterisk Business Edition does not include the source code.  While
it's built from the same source as the open source version of Asterisk,
it's licensed under a more traditional commercial binary-only software
license.  If you chose to go the Asterisk Business Edition route, you
get technical support, warrant, and some patent indemnification.

If on the other hand you go the open-source route, you get support from
the community (mailing lists such as this one, forums, blogs, and so
on).

The nice thing is, you get to choose which is best for your particular
situation.

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager