[asterisk-biz] Grandstream v. Polycom

Rob Peck peckrob at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 10:23:17 CST 2008

John,

As someone who has both deployed in an office setting (GXP-2000s and
Polycom IP-330s, as well as a few PAPs and some other random crap), I
can give you a little info. Both work with Asterisk, but I would
recommend the Polycom. It's only about $30/each more for a better phone.

The GXP has some neat features, but the quality of construction and
sound quality on the Polycoms is just so far ahead of the Grandstreams
that it's not even in the same ballpark. The Polycoms are also far
easier to provision (it's just simple XML).

The only problems I've had with the Polcom are NAT issues, but it's not
something I've even put more than 5 minutes of research into since
everything here is on our local LAN.

-Rob Peck
dealnews.com