[asterisk-biz] Paranoia, Dell & 3COM

John Williams jw.ip.pbx at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 08:04:31 CST 2008

Thanks for that wisdom, Bob.   For this current job, we have the luxury of
running a separate network for voice, and can put aside QOS (for now).

Being completely paranoid,  I want to buy equipment (switch & PC) proven to
operate an *  PBX for 50-90 users and 48 concurrent calls.

--  Dell is our preferred PC vendor.  Can anyone recommend, based on actual
experience, a Dell PC model for *, and 48 concurrent calls?  (The Dell
recommended models on the Wiki are out of date)

--  3COM is our preferred basic switch vendor.  Can anyone recommend, based
on actual experience, a 3COM switch model for *, and 48 concurrent calls?

Thanks in advance for aiding my considerable paranoia!