[asterisk-biz] Starting a VOIP Business

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Feb 3 19:29:11 CST 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 18:32 -0600, Mike Hammett wrote:
> 802.16 is better than 802.11 for wide area networks, but only marginally
> better than existing wide area wireless network gear.  The main advantage is
> interoperability among vendors.  802.11 holds the ticket for local area
> networks.
>

> > But Miss Cleo said that wimax was the future!  802.16 > 802.11 you cant
> > argue with math :P

This was a joke.  I thought it was such an obvious joke that it didnt
need anything indicating that it was a joke.  If you arent from north
america you may not get the Miss Cleo reference (heavily advertised
telephone psychic later charged and convicted of fraud relating to the
operation of her premium number network - she never saw that coming).

Who in their right mind would seriously rate a protocols merit based on
the IEEE number designation?  This should make it obvious that I was not
serious to people outside north america (or ones that lived under a rock
many years ago when every 5 minutes there was a miss cleo tv commercial
on).

Finally it has become quite apparent that you want to argue this to
death, I dont.  So I am stepping out of the conversation.  I do expect
that you will want the last word, so I give you an opportunity now to do
just that.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200