[asterisk-biz] Starting a VOIP Business

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Feb 3 15:04:13 CST 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 14:52 -0600, Mike Hammett wrote:
> So basically you're saying that the company just has to engineer their
> network properly for maximum performance?  Isn't it the same with EVERY
> network?  You put in some putz, you get crap out.  You put in someone that
> knows what they're doing, you'll get gold.

well its more than that, but ok.  And the comments about contention rate
are still valid.

And putting in someone that knows what they are doing does not cover all
things with wireless links.  It can cover some but not all things since
there are factors that you just cant deal with, such as if its wifi a
neighbor setting up on the same channel, or atmospheric conditions that
suprisingly do change over time.

But you made a very good point, and I commend you on that.  Although for
the life of me I cant figure out what that point is.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200