[asterisk-biz] Starting a VOIP Business

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Feb 1 08:47:49 CST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 14:33 +0000, Andy Davidson wrote:
> On 31 Jan 2008, at 16:54, Mike Hammett wrote:
>
> > As a WISP and VoIP operator myself I agree that those things cause
> > issues,
> > but not all WISPs are operated in that fashion.  What percentage, I
> > cannot
> > say, but my network has less than 0.1% packet loss and end-end
> > latency is
> > almost always less than 10 ms, but usually less than 5 ms.
>
> So how did you solve the duplexity issues of Wireless, and what they
> does to high-demand voip ?

there was a group a couple years ago that did linux drivers specifically
to resolve this.  Basically they have 2 cards one is always Tx one is
always Rx, and they can do full duplex that way.  The goal was with
802.11 (wifi) specifically and for a mesh layout specifically (although
it could be used with a single node).

802.16 (wimax) supports both TDD (half duplex) and FDD (full duplex), so
depending on what you are doing specifically you may not have to do
anything sneaky like the aforementioned linux drivers.
Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200