[asterisk-biz] SIP WTS

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.com
Tue Dec 23 16:28:53 CST 2008

Steve Totaro wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 4:24 PM, Bill Michaelson <bill at cosi.com> wrote:
>
>> By the way. how many folks are being badgered by car warranty pitches that
>> come with bogus caller ID set
>
> I had that for a couple of weeks on my cell probably every other day,
> they stopped after several threats telling them that they cannot hide
> their caller ID from me.  It eventually worked, or they decided I
> wasn't interested.....
I've been getting it on multiple lines in varous area codes incessantly
for a few weeks. About 80% of the time, the IVR selection to speak to an
agent leads to a hangup. The caller ID numbers belong to real hapless
victims, and the caller rotates them.

It's getting to the point where I'm considering putting a CAPTCHA
mechanism on the PBX for accepting calls with unrecognized caller ID.

Googling reveals that many people are getting these calls.

If you can really identify the caller, I'd like more info. I'm getting
them mostly through Voicepulse and Vitelity via IAX and SIP, but I've
also gotten them on my cell and through a client DID on a T1. I don't
know how to trace the origin.